Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lightning Dust's Ghostly "Never Seen"

I'm a sucker for spooky-sounding electronic/acoustic music, and Vancouver's Lightning Dust are the latest band to fill that void for me. Singer Amber Webber has a voice like a ghostly Bjork who can't let go of the material world. Her voice trembles and cracks, and it's enough to send shivers down your spine. This raw, emotional delivery is perfect for the song, "Never Seen," which has been a daily listen for me lately.


"Never Seen" is a dark, melancholy, emotionally-arresting synth dirge, complete with eerie double-tracked vocals and a distant, decaying beat. It really sounds otherworldly. The melody that kicks in at about 1:34 combines with Webber's ghost choir so perfectly that it makes me imagine spectral flames gathering in a dark cemetery for a chanting session. I'm so good at corny imagery.

At any rate, "Never Seen" is getting serious attention on my playlists, so check it out. Also worthy of mention is their synth-country jam, "I Knew," which is pretty cool as well. These tracks come from Infinite Light, Lightning Dust's second album, which I will be checking out very soon.

Lightning Dust - Never Seen
Lightning Dust - I Knew

- Jake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home