Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Still Flyin' Are "Entourage" Bound

A few days ago a new friend introduced me to a used to be from Athens, now make their way in San Fran band called Still Flyin'. He's friends with the band and wanted to share his appreciation. The track he sent me definitely embodied the Athens, GA sound I recognize after years of reviewing discs from Happy Birthday to Me records. Here's the track:

The Hottchord is Struck

I liked it. I thought about blogging about the band after that listen, but it just didn't really immediately grab me, making me want to shout out to the blogosphere.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I got an e-mail from previously mentioned new friend and he shared some good news. His pals had sold a track to the highly popular "Entourage" TV franchise. Way cool. And, let me tell you. The way cool link he sent me definitely got me to that "blog it" state.



What's so special about it? Could it be the almost "rah-rah", "go team" cheerleader-esque female vocals that pulse throughout? Could it be the quirky, but vaguely familiar video? The bouncy jangly guitar goodness? Probably it's all three smashed up and rolled together for one super-duper listening shebang.

I'll let you decide. If you've never heard them...let me know what you think. If I'm too slow on the uptake for you, meaning you've known of their awesomeness FOREVER, at least glory in their good news.

Mallie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home