Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making A Return After A Long Hiatus

So, yeah, I'm Mallie and several years ago I blogged under this same moniker...South of Mainstream. I chose the name because I'm down in the depths of the Deep South, in what I call the Maconga - Macon, GA. The mainstream portion came from, of course, my love of indie music.

I took a long break, no real reason, just that I'd been doing it a long time and I was having a hard time keeping up my enthusiasm and my ability to stay on track. I hated doing it, and thought often about starting back up.

Now, I've taken a couple hard hits personally and I'm looking for solace from music more than I had in some time. It seems the perfect time for a return. I know I'll have to earn my way back into the ranks, and may never gain the old SoM following. But that's not why I did it back then, nor is it why I'm starting back up now.

I'm doing it because I love indie music and love, love, love the pursuit of that unknown listen.

Mallie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home